Saturday, April 16, 2016

Week 53

January 11, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

This week it finally warmed up to about +20 degrees Farenheight. I never would have said that is warm before my mission. One of the coldest nights I heard was about -30 Celsius, which is -22 fahrenheit. I guess this Winter is even cold for them lately. We have been eating a lot of soup and drinking a lot of tea to stay warm, as well as wearing lots of layers. I even wore four scarfs one day and maybe 3 pairs of tights, two coats, two cardigans, two undershirts, and two pair of gloves. You go outside with all of that on and your toes and fingers still freeze instantly. I have definitely never lived in this cold of weather before and don't think I will ever complain about the cold at home again.

This week we were able to meet with two less actives. They are both actually really good and really are trying to come as their circumstances allow.

We met several interesting people this week while knocking. One man was kind of rude, connecting us way too much with America. I just told him we are not here representing America, we are here representing Jesus Christ. He basically told us that we were really uneducated because we are Americans. He just did not understand why we are here and he didn't see any way we could help him. Another day we found a really nice man who accepted a Book of Mormon and even kissed our hands when we were saying goodbye. We think we will send the elders back over to that one. In that same building we met a really sweet old woman. It was really sad because we wanted to help her and we asked if we could and gave her our number, if she needs help she can call. We also gave her a Book of Mormon because she was interested in reading it.

It was a great week.

Love,
Sister Brown

PS- I also celebrated my year mark in Lithuania on Tuesday. On Monday for that occasion we were invited over to the Nuttalls (senior couple) and they made us dinner. It was very fancy and Mom will be proud because I ate a huge thing of salmon. It still is not my favorite, but they were really kind to have us over.

No comments:

Post a Comment